Monday, January 2, 2012

Ginger Teriyaki Tuna with Wild Rice and Spinach


I am trying to cook and eat more fish.  It seems that I am in the minority in my house in this area, and gender as well :)  My boys decided they wanted perch for dinner on Christmas Eve, but I am not a fan so I decided on Ahi Tuna steaks for the adults.

I have both of the fish that I used in our meal and it served our family of 4 just perfectly.  This recipe is easily adjusted depending on the amount of people you have you have to feed and/or the fish you prefer.

Ingredients:
1 package thawed Orca Bay Ocean Perch
1 package thawed Orca Bay Ahi Tuna
1, 10 ounces package of spinach
1, 1 pound package of Lundberg Wild Blend Rice
Char Crust Ginger Teriyaki Dry Rub
Olive Oil
Fresh Gourmet Crispy Onions-Garlic Pepper
Parmesan Cheese


Directions:
+Place olive oil in a shallow dish large enough to hold your fish
+Add you desired amount of the dry rub.  I used less of the rub on the perch, because I was not sure how the rub tasted and I wanted to err on the side of caution when it came to my boys and the spices on their fish.  Flip after about 30 minutes, for a total marinating time of 1 hour.
+Preheat the oven on broil
+While the fish is in the rub, start the rice and cook per the directions on the back of the package (total time is about 50 minutes).
+Place your fish in a baking pan and place in the oven for about 6 minutes on each side.
+While fish is in the oven wash and pat dry your spinach

Plating:
+Place about 2 ounces of spinach on each plate
+Place about 1/3-1/2 cup of rice on top of the spinach
+Top the rice with the fish of your choice
+Sprinkle with a bit of the crispy onions and Parmesan cheese


Healthy Eatings,


Rachel


No comments:

Post a Comment