Saturday, July 2, 2011

I have no idea what to make but I know I want grilled chicken!

This statement is exactly what I said to my husband the other night at our boys baseball game.  I knew wanted grilled chicken, but I did not know what to make with it.  So, I decided it would come to me in the store while I was getting chicken.  What I came up with even surprised me at how good it turned out :)

Ingredients:
Boneless skinless chicken breast
spinach
red peppers-I used Delallo Roasted Red Peppers in Olive Oil with Garlic
Mozzarella-I use Fresh Mozzarella
Guacamole-I used Wholly Guacamole because I have not perfected my own guac recipe yet :)
Seasoning for the chicken-I used McCormick Grill Mates 25% Less Sodium Montreal Chicken Seasoning
Tin Foil

Directions:
Preheat your grill (or the oven on broil, if you prefer)
Pound the chicken breast to a uniform thickness
Season the chicken to your liking on one side
Place spinach on a piece of tin foil (make sure the tin foil is large enough to become a packet as it will go on the grill)
Cut up the red peppers and the garlic and place on the spinach
Add a small bit of the olive oil from the pepper jar on to the peppers and spinach, then seal up the foil
Place chicken on the grill seasoning side down, if you like you can sprinkle a little more seasoning on the side that is up.  Grill for about 4-5 minutes before flipping, cook the other side for about 4-5 minutes also.
A couple minutes after placing the chicken on the grill, place a piece of tin foil on the grill and then place the spinach pepper packet on that piece of foil. The packet will be on the grill for about 6-8 minutes total, I flip my packet about half way through (this is why I put another piece of foil underneath because I don't want the oil to catch fire).

After removing the chicken and the spinach and pepper packet.  Let them both sit for 1-2 minutes.
Slice your Mozzarella and get your guacamole ready.
Place chicken on your plate, top with the spinach and pepper mixture
Place Mozzarella on top of the spinach and peppers
Finally place a dollop of guac on top of the Mozzarella

I remembered to take a picture and post it...so you can see what my finished product :)

Healthy Eatings,

Rachel

No comments:

Post a Comment