Sunday, July 3, 2011

Steak Oscar Pasta

I few weeks ago I had some leftover steak from a cookout. I am not a huge fan of leftover steak, so I wanted to think of something I could do to use that steak in a whole new way.  While thumbing through a cooking magazine, I found a recipe that I thought was good, and made it a little better.  What I came up with was Steak Oscar Pasta.

Ingredients:
8oz pasta-I used Barilla Plus Elbows
Steak-I used an Angus Sirloin, grilled to medium the day before.  
Asparagus, about 1 pound, cut
Green onions, one bunch, chopped
Crab Meat-I used about 6 oz
1/2 cup mayo-I use Kraft Mayo with Olive Oil
1/2 cup sour cream
1 tablespoon lemon juice
1 1/2 cup Parmesan cheese
Mrs Dash Garlic and Herb Seasoning-I used about a 1/4 tsp-1/2 tsp of seasoning


Directions:
Cut up the steak and place in large bowl (I kept my steak cold, you can have it warm or cold)
In a separate bowl, mix mayo, sour cream, lemon juice, and parmesan cheese together
Add the seasoning and crab meat, and mix well then set aside
Cook pasta according to the directions.
For the last 2 minutes add the asparagus and green onion to the pasta water.
Drain and place in the large bowl with the steak, add sauce and mix well.


Happy Eatings,


Rachel


No comments:

Post a Comment