Friday, July 1, 2011

Turkey Veggie Burger

So I wanted to try to make veggie burgers, but with my own spin of course.  So here is my turkey veggie burger that even my husband will eat :)

Ingredients:
2 pounds ground turkey
1-15 oz can black beans, drained
1-15 oz can lima beans, drained
2 portabella mushroom caps
your favorite add-ons/toppings-I like avocado and Havarti cheese
whole wheat buns

Directions:
Scrape the gills of the mushroom caps with a spoon, then put into the food processor
Add both types of beans into the food processor, then pour the mushroom and bean mixture into a medium sized bowl
Add the ground turkey to the mixture and mix together well.
Heat your pan on medium with a bit of oil (I use soybean oil), just enough to coat the bottom of the pan.
Make patties and place in the heated pan.
After thoroughly heated, place on your bun add your topping and enjoy!

You could always cook these in the oven on broil or the grill.


*One side note.  I did not have the same amount of shrinkage with these burgers that I normally have when making straight Turkey Burgers, so don't make them too large, expecting them to shrink up.

**I planned on freezing these for later, but ended up sharing them with a friend and her family.  I will have to post the freezing instructions the next time I make them.  I plan on freezing them the same way I do traditional hamburgers...in a freezer bag, separating each patty by wax paper and trying to eliminate as much air as possible when sealing the bag.


Happy Eatings,

Rachel

No comments:

Post a Comment